JACE® 8000 - Technical Data
The JACE 8000 controller leverages the exciting new features of Niagara 4. It adds to the enhanced user experience, maximizing Niagara 4’s key advantages: pure Web interface based on HTML5 with HTML5 views, charting and data visualization, a common design language, better reporting, robust security and improved device management.
Hardware technical data:
- TI AM3352: 1000MHz ARM® Cortex™-A8
- 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Removable micro-SD card with 4GB flash total storage/2GB user storage
- *Wi-Fi (Client or WAP)
- IEEE802.11n HT20 @ 2.4GHz
- IEEE802.11n HT20/HT40 @ 5GHz
- Configurable radio (Off, WAP, or Client)
- WPAPSK/WPA2PSK supported
- *USB type A connector
- Back-up and restore support
- (2) isolated RS-485 with selectable bias and termination
- (2) 10/100MB Ethernet ports
- Secure boot
- **Supply requirements: 24VAC rated at 24VA minimum, or 24VDC rated at 1A (24W) minimum
- Runs Niagara AX: 3.8u1 and later
- Runs Niagara 4: 4.1 and later
- Niagara Analytics 1.1 requires Niagara AX 3.8u1 or later update builds
- Niagara Analytics 2.1 is compatible with Niagara 4.4 and 4.6
- Real-time clock
*Not supported with Niagara AX
**Niagara Enterprise Security requires four hours of standby power
- UL 916
- CE EN 61326-1
- FCC Part 15 Subpart B, Class B
- FCC Part 15 Subpart C
- C-UL listed to Canadian Standards Association (CSA) C22.2 No. 205-M1983 “Signal Equipment”
- 1999/5/EC R&TTE Directive
- Operating temperature: -20–60°C
- Storage temperature: -40–85°C
- Humidity: 5%–95% — Non condensing
- Shipping & vibration: ASTM D4169, Assurance Level II
- MTTF: 10 years+
JACE® 8000 Key Features
A modular approach for global design. Tridium has created an all-new hardware platform optimized for Niagara 4: the JACE 8000 controller. This “next-generation” controller is a dramatic evolution in connecting and controlling devices worldwide, featuring a new global design that functions with legacy systems and has the ability to scale for future needs.
JACE® 8000 controller Key features:
Efficient global design
The new, modular design of the JACE 8000 controller makes it easy to install, integrate and deploy. Tool-less installation with expansion capability reduces installation complexity and improves flexibility. Systems integrators can focus on engineering solutions, not assembling components. And their lives will be simplified with a global power supply and improved access to standard enclosures.
Standard Wi-Fi offers enhanced wireless capability when interfacing with the next generation of wireless sensors and devices. The JACE 8000 controller also is configurable as an access point so that mobile phones and tablets can display information and advanced graphics. Expansion also is available when interfacing with other wireless fieldbuses seen in connected buildings.
Optimized for Niagara 4
The JACE® 8000 controller leverages the exciting new features of Niagara 4. It adds to the enhanced user experience, maximizing Niagara 4’s key advantages: pure Web interface based on HTML 5 with HTML 5 views, charting and data visualization, a common design language, better reporting, robust security and improved device management.
Global capacity licensing and upgrade capability
Determine the number of devices that will be integrated and select the right capacity license from the start. License upgrades can be purchased in the future as your needs grow.
Modular hardware design for fast and easy installation
Controller and option modules are designed for easy mounting on a 35mm-wide DIN rail.
24VAC/DC —standard global power supply
Intuitive User interface
Users can easily check system status by glancing at the front panel LEDs to diagnose network issues.
- Native Wi-Fi capability (WAP or Client) A, B, G or N networks
- Two 10/100Mb Ethernet ports
- Optional LO N FTT10 & RS 232 expansion
Option modules are connected directly to the controller for additional communication connections, including types for LonWorks®, RS232 and RS485 networks.
For more information, see the brochure.
Communication modules for LonWorks®, RS232 and RS485 / Modbus RTU / BACnet MS/TP networks
Option modules connect directly to the controller for additional communication ports, including types for LonWorks®, RS232 and RS485 networks.
Supported module types and combinations:
- NPB-8000-LON (up to 4) for 1 x LonWorks® network per module.
- NPB-8000-232 (up to 4) for 1 x RS232 network per module
- NPB-8000-2X-485 (up to 2) for 2x RS485 bus / networks, per module
Option module and capacity considerations
The controller supports a maximum of four option modules (expansion modules) in certain combinations. If you use two RS485 option modules, you can only use one additional "non-RS485" module (LON or 232), for a total of three. The following figure shows some example combinations.
The expandability depends on the type of expansion module used.
Maximum Expansion (Modules Supported)
Maximum IO (Modules Supported)*
- NPB-8000-LON (4)
- NPB-8000-232 (4)
- NPB-8000-2X-485 (2)
- T-IO-16-485 (16)*
- IO-R-16 (16)*
- IO-R-34 (8)*
Maximum Niagara Enterprise Security (Modules Supported)**
Maximum Niagara Enterprise Security Instrusion Keypads
- SEC-INT-KP (6)
*Die Konfigurationsdetails finden Sie auf dem Datenblatt für JACE 8000 IO R
**Jeweils oder kombiniert insgesamt 16
Mounting and Dimensions
- JACE 8000 controller. Allow at least 1.5" (38mm) clearance around all sides and minimum 3" (76mm) at bottom for Wi-Fi antenna
- Expansion module. Up to four (4) may be used. See "Expansion Module and IO Configurations"
- Distances between center of tabs from one unit to another unit